Thursday, April 26, 2012

Don't Ignore...

...yourself.

During the last few years I myself have struggled with Infertility and PCOS. It's been a long road and I never imagined how hard it truly would be. However I'm not in this struggle alone, and I cannot be more grateful for that fact. I'm a pretty private & sensitive person. I started to research PCOS & Infertility and started posting online. I found friends that I could be open with and not feel judged by. I even started this blog to help open up about our struggles with IF, and it has helped me tremendously.

My advice to any couple or woman out there who is alone in struggling with IF is to seek support. I understand that it is a touchy & personal subject but there are other avenues than friends/family to discuss it with. Wives talk to your husbands and be open with him as to how you're feeling and husbands do the same with your wife. You can even seek the help of a professional therapist, a tool I myself have been recently contemplating. A great way to discuss what you're going through is to find an online community one such as Thebump.com or Babycenter.com. These sites have community's specifically for people who are trying to get pregnant or people who are having trouble TTC. You can be totally anonymous or divulge who you are, it's up to you. Don't ignore the way you may be feeling. Feeling hurt, angry, sad, lonely, or alone are not good feelings to bottle up inside. I've been there, and it's not fun. Open up to your spouse, your family, your friends, or anonymously, just don't ignore who you are and how you're feeling.

Whatever stage you may be at in your IF journey find your support system. If you already have one great! If you don't I'd be happy to offer any advice, point you in the right direction, or be the support you may need. Please feel free to contact me.



For more information on infertility and National Infertility Awareness Week, please visit the following links:

No comments:

Post a Comment