Saturday, May 28, 2011

30 Before 30~ Find a job I love


On my 25th birthday I started compiling a list of things I want to accomplish, a 30 Before 30 list. It has been a slow process of crossing these things off my list but today I get to cross of number 18. Once I graduated from nursing school with my ADN I needed to pass the NCLEX and find a job. The NCLEX was tough, but I passed with flying colors! The finding a job part seemed to take forever! Almost 6 months to find a permanent full time position! Just a few months ago on Valentine's day I started a great job working for Macer Medical. It is a great working environment, and Dr. Macer is always teaching me new things. As a nurse I always thought I would need to work in a hospital, but as it turns out working in a clinic is great for me! I have great hours, and weekends/holidays off! I even have some wiggle room to go back to school and get my BSN if I want to. Dr. Macer is even starting a new business called Medilean to help her patients lose weight. I'm excited about it because I get to be here while it is just starting out, so she values my input which is great! I get more responsibilities all the time and even got a raise at my 90-day evaluation! This may not be my forever career, but it is a job that I love. I love being a part of the Macer Medical staff, and I hope I stay a long while!

No comments:

Post a Comment