Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jalapeno Popper Dip

I had a potluck to go to on Monday. I didn't want to go to the store so I thought what crowd pleaser can I make (as I am stuffing Jalapeno Poppers in my mouth) Then I realized I can't make poppers since I didn't have enough but I could put all the components together. So I created Jalapeno popper dip. (I did a google search later and realized I hadn't invented it, it was still really good all the same) I wasn't sure how it would go over, but everyone loved it and asked for my recipe :)

So here ya go!

Ingredients

1 bar of cream cheese softened
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of Mexican crema
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
1-2 cup(s) of panko crumbs
4 Jalapenos diced and seeded. (You can add some seeds into mixture to give it a little heat)


Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
In a saucepan add cream cheese, sour cream, crema, jalapenos and 1/2 cup of panko crumbs. Melt and add to a oven safe dish cover with panko crumbs and parmesan cheese. Put in the oven for about 15 minutes and broil for a minute to brown. Serve right away with tortilla chips or Club crackers. ENJOY!

I also saw a recipe online where they added some cheddar cheese to the melting process, that sounded good too. I may try that next time.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I am totally going to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you could add some Bacon into that - a la bacon wrapped poppers - YUM. This sounds good too of course!

    ReplyDelete