Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Student Nurses Prayer

Lord:

I know we go through this every day but please give me the knowledge as to why I actually wanted to go to nursing school and remind me of how much I like nursing. Lord, give me the strength to make it through those six hour lectures without falling asleep. Lord, please give me the patience to make it through eight and twelve hour clinicals with instructors that can’t just give you the right answer and on the same note, please give the instructors the ability to teach us what we need to know to be able to pass the NCLEX and be a competent and safe nurse in the real world. Please give the nurses at Suburban the ability to remember what it was like to be a student and give us just a little more respect (oh and please let the CNA's not be so jealous and RUDE). Lord, give me the endurance to read all the assigned readings and be able to remember it when I am taking a test with four possible right answers. Lord, give my family and friends the ability to realize I really am on the edge of insanity, and to not be offended when I cannot be hang out with them this year. Finally, Lord, give me the vision to see that one day I will be a real nurse and I will never have to wear this ugly uniform again.



-Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment